MarketScans are quick readings of the marketing environment — quick-response research projects member companies can request to get specific, topical information. By nature, MarketScans include only short, easy to answer questions. For more complex research projects, contact LIMRA's Custom Research Team.
Here's what's involved in sponsoring a MarketScan:
- Call LIMRA to discuss your company's needs.
- The company requesting a MarketScan (the sponsoring company) supplies the survey questions — the first draft of the survey questionnaire. In the hands of the appropriate individual within the responding company, the survey should take no more than 15 to 30 minutes to complete.
- LIMRA advises on content and handles revisions.
- The sponsoring company suggests the specific companies to be surveyed. LIMRA advises on the list of companies and suggests "major players" in the areas to be surveyed.
- The sponsoring company agrees to complete the survey questionnaire.
- In general, MarketScan projects include up to 20 questions and up to 20 companies.
- Participating companies provide information on an anonymous basis in most cases.
- Each participating company receives a copy of the final report, along with a list of participants.
- MarketScan results may be summarized in an appropriate LIMRA publication, such as LIMRA's MarketFacts and quarterly newsletters.
- MarketScan results are published on LIMRA.com 60 days after they are completed.
- MarketScan projects are usually completed within six to eight weeks after the survey questionnaire is sent to the participants. Most projects are completed even faster.
- MarketScan fees vary depending on the scope of the project. There is a minimum charge of $2,500 for this service.
To find out how you can use this unique LIMRA service, contact one of the individuals below:
Note: MarketScan requests are subject to staff availability.