This year, 38 companies from seven different countries submitted 45 entries for consideration. The final award winners were determined based on how well they demonstrate the ability to integrate multiple marketing tools and channels to build connective campaigns that support business objectives for their company.
Congratulations to the winners!
The 2020 LIMRA Creative Connections Award winners for companies with more than 4,500 employees:
- Platinum Award Winner: MassMutual for its MapMyFinances financial wellness tool, a proprietary workplace benefits tool created to help employees assess their personal financial needs and make the best choices for both their short- and long-term financial security.
- Gold Award Winner: Voya Financial, for it campaign promoting the Voya Cares® program — an extension of its 2017 “Invest in Something Special” campaign. As part of its commitment to serving people with disabilities, the company collaborated with two unique individuals who both have the same rare genetic disorder. Voya gave them a platform to share their messages of inclusivity and kindness and the impact of finding someone who shares similar challenges.
- Silver Award Winner: John Hancock, for its Aspire™ with Vitality campaign. John Hancock collaborated with Verily, an Alphabet company, to launch a uniquely new product that combines the value of financial protection with the significant benefits of a virtual diabetes-management program.
The 2020 LIMRA Creative Connections Award winners for companies with less than 4,500 employees:
- Platinum Award Winner: AIA International Limited, for its AIA Tax Incentive Programme, an integrated campaign designed to make AIA the brand of choice for tax-deductible products in Hong Kong. AIA launched a digital communications plan using proprietary and third-party data analysis to personalize outreach to consumers in Hong Kong.
- Gold Award Winner: RiverSource Life Insurance Company, for its GPS marketing campaign focused on making insurance “easier” for advisors. The year-long campaign is structured, first, to engage Ameriprise advisors with the value of including insurance products in their offerings and, then, to develop the advisors as warm leads for RiverSource wholesalers.
- Silver Award Winner: WoodmenLife, for its My Choice IUL marketing campaign, focused on helping individuals and families protect their loved ones and enhance their future financial security. WoodmenLife launched its indexed universal life product, MyChoice IUL, which was purposefully designed to be easy to understand.