Being a good trainer requires more than industry knowledge. That's why the Life Insurance Facilitator Skills Workshop focuses on crucial training skills for succeeding in today's marketplace. Course participants learn and apply best practices on these three topics:
- Fundamental principles of structuring instructor-led training
- The skills of training groups of people
- Implementation practice
Participants who complete this course are able to:
- Understand different learning styles and why you engage with learners in different ways
- Use the PESOS process when planning training
- Evaluate the effectiveness of training
- Understand 7 key behaviors of delivering successful instructor-led training – and practice how to apply the model
- Implement a set of activities back at work to help them apply the learning from this workshop and prepare for the coaching workshop.
- Implement skill drills and skills practice with groups of learners
- Deliver a training session of their own and implement learner activities
- Demonstrate key communication skills the trainer uses and how messages are perceived by learners
- Understand the learning curve and identify appropriate training styles for different situations
- Receive and give feedback using the facilitator skills model
Participants who complete all 3 levels of development, Life Insurance Facilitator Skills Workshop, Coaching Skills Workshop and Master Trainer Workshop are eligible to receive the LIMRA Master Trainer designation.