This program is designed for:
- Leaders at all levels, in all roles, who will benefit from concentrated focus on thinking critically, understanding cognitive biases, and making effective decisions
- Senior leaders with responsibility for high-level strategic direction and decision making
In today’s volatile, complex, and uncertain world, organizations often have difficulty making and implementing effective decisions. Decision Making and Strategic Execution first outlines the need for critical thinking skills to raise the probability of good outcomes. It will discuss common cognitive biases and the critical thinking behaviors that can mitigate their effects. Next, it addresses executing on strategic decisions — by exploring barriers and best practices, with particular emphasis on building agility into the execution process.
- Understand the tension between short-term and long-term objectives.
- Identify specific behaviors to mitigate the effects of cognitive biases.
- Utilize tools to make a final decision, even in a consensus-driven environment.
- Determine best practices in strategic execution.
- Promote an enterprise mindset, including strategic management of key stakeholders.
- Build adaptability into decisions with major uncertainties in the implementation process.