This program is designed for leaders who are called upon to make complex decisions, and would like to deepen their understanding of how to overcome the impact of cognitive biases and improve their decision-making capabilities.
In today’s volatile, complex, and uncertain world, organizations often have difficulty making and implementing effective decisions. Decision Making and Strategic Execution first outlines the need for critical thinking skills to raise the probability of good outcomes. It will discuss common cognitive biases and the critical thinking behaviors that can mitigate their effects. Next, it addresses executing on strategic decisions — by exploring barriers and best practices, with particular emphasis on building agility into the execution process.
Learning Objectives and Program Impact
- Understand the tension between short-term and long-term objectives.
- Identify specific behaviors to mitigate the effects of cognitive biases.
- Utilize tools to make a final decision, even in a consensus-driven environment.
- Determine best practices in strategic execution.
- Promote an enterprise mindset, including strategic management of key stakeholders.
LIMRA or LOMA Member: $2,400.00