I. Information we collect
A. Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide to us, including personal data (such as your name and email address), at certain points on our Site—for example:
- When you complete registration/subscription data for services, purchase or take a course, fill out a survey, enter a contest or sweepstakes, register for a meeting or event or complete other interactions or transactions through the Site, we will collect your name and contact information, which may include mailing address, email address, telephone number, fax number, and other contact information that you provide.
- In order to access certain restricted portions of the Site, such as Members-Only content, you must complete a registration form and provide your contact information (such as name and email address) and limited demographic information.
- We may also collect your professional information such as your company name, title, professional designations, job level, functional area, line of business, responsibility, generation and areas of interest.
- If you attend one of our conferences we will collect your emergency contact information, such as contact name, phone number, mobile number, an alternative email address, and other contact information that you provide.
- If you pay for our services and products, such as by taking a course or conference, we will also collect billing information, including credit card numbers and expiration dates, and other payment information necessary to process the transaction.
B. Information Collected Through Use of the Site
We collect your IP address and device information to aggregate information about Site visitors and their interests. For example, in tracking information about the visits to our Site, we compile statistics that show the daily number of visitors to our Site, the daily requests we receive for particular files on the Site, and what countries those requests come from. These aggregated statistics are used internally to improve service to our customers and are shared with Google through Google Analytics. We remove your name from the aggregated data.
II. How we use the information we collect
We may use the information collected to enhance the value of this Site by informing you of services and products that you might be interested in, new research, special events, the release of reports and publications, to announce new products and services that we believe you will find beneficial or interesting, and to process your requests. We may also use your information to improve the content of the Site, or to notify you about updates to our Site.
If you complete registration to gain access to restricted portions of the Site, we may use the information you provided to contact you about our services on the Site for which you have expressed interest and to ensure that only authorized users of the Site have access to the secure parts of the Site. For example, we may send all new registered users a welcome email to verify password and user name. Registered users may unsubscribe from receiving information on our products, services, special offers, and newsletter.
If we plan to use information collected from you for a purpose different from that stated at the time of collection, we will ask for your consent before doing so.
III. What information we share or disclose to others
We are the sole owner of the information collected on the Site. We do not sell, share, or rent this information to others in ways different from what is disclosed in this statement. We do not intentionally disclose (and shall take reasonable steps to prevent the accidental disclosure of) your personal data to third parties (e.g., persons or entities not associated with us), whether for such third parties' marketing purposes or otherwise, subject to the following exceptions:
- We may disclose your personal data to third parties as required or permitted by the laws, rules, and regulations of any nation, state, province, or other applicable jurisdiction;
- We may disclose your name and address to delivery services who deliver information, products, services or campaigns from us to you;
- We utilize Google Analytics to monitor traffic throughout the Site;
- We may also provide contact information in connection with our meetings to exhibitors, sponsors, and providers of these meetings. The use of this information is limited to contact in connection with such meetings. Like most organizations, we may provide our conference participants with a list of attendees and contact information for conferences they attended.
At any time, you may request that your information not be used for such purposes by sending an email to us at email@example.com .
Internally, we restrict access to personal data to those employees who need the information to do their jobs. These employees are limited in number, and are committed to our privacy and security policies.
IV. Data security
We have implemented generally accepted standards of technology and operational security in order to protect personal data from loss, misuse, alteration, or destruction. Your credit card information is encrypted for security. Our ordering process is protected by the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol, which encrypts your information and confirms the identity of our server during your shopping cart purchase process. Credit card information is maintained only for the duration of a transaction, and we do not store this information. Despite these precautions, we cannot guarantee that unauthorized persons will not obtain unauthorized access to your personal data.
V. Data retention
We will retain your personal data to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. We will retain your personal data for as long as you are registered as a user on our Site or exercise any rights affecting retention and processing of your personal data, but no longer than the period necessary to fulfill the purpose(s) for which your personal data was processed.
VI. Links to other sites
We may provide links to third-party websites as a service to our users. In addition, some of the content appearing to be on the Site may be in fact supplied by third parties. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our Site to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by the Site.
VII. Your California privacy rights
A. CA “Shine the Light” Disclosure
For California residents, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of your personal information, as that term is defined in Section 1798.83, to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, you may contact us by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
B. CA “Do Not Track” Disclosure
We have disclosed our collection practices herein, but at this time, we do not honor do-not-track signals. Some of the third parties that we work with may honor such requests.
C. California Consumer Privacy Act Notice for California Consumers
1. What Information is Covered by this CCPA Notice? This CCPA Notice relates to LL Global’s collection, use and disclosure of California consumer’s personal information. “ Personal information” generally means information that is reasonably capable of being associated with you or your household. For a specific list of the categories of personal information we collect, please click here .
2. Where Do We Collect Personal Information From? For a list of the categories of sources from which we may collect personal information, please click here .
3. How Do We Use Personal Information? We may use your personal information for a variety of business and commercial purposes. “ Business purpose” means the use of personal information for an operational or other notified purpose including, for example, performing services on behalf of another organization. “ Commercial purpose” refers to when we use personal information to advance our commercial or economic interests including, for example, by encouraging others to purchase our Services. For a detailed list explaining how we may use personal information, please see Section 5 (Summary of Collection, Use and Disclosure of Personal Information) below.
4. Who Do We Share Personal Information With? We may share your personal information with the third parties described below and we obtain your consent prior to sharing when legally required. For a more detailed summary of who we may share your personal information with, please click here.
a. Customers. We may share personal information with our customers who license or purchase our Services or who attend our conferences. This may also include, for example, organizations with which you are employed by, or affiliated with, that provide you access to our Services (“Customers”).
b. Service Providers. We may share your personal information with operators who work on behalf of, or with, us including service providers, processors, suppliers, agents and representatives, including but not limited to, payment processors, customer support, email service providers, event venues and service providers, IT service providers, marketing service providers, advertising providers ( e.g., Google Analytics), research providers, mailing houses and shipping agents (collectively, “Service Providers”). These Service Providers may use your personal information as provided in Section 3 (How Do We Use Personal Information?).
c. Business Partners. We may share your personal information with third-party business partners, including partners who we conduct joint-marketing activities with, who we offer a co-branded service with, or who help provide our Services to customers (for example, our resellers and distributors) (collectively, “ Business Partners”).
d. Disclosures Under Special Circumstances. We may disclose your personal information to third parties: (i) where we have a good faith belief that such disclosure is necessary to meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or other legal obligation; (ii) when we believe disclosure is necessary to protect or prevent harm or financial loss; or (iii) to detect, investigate and help prevent security, fraud or technical issues (collectively, “Special Circumstances”). For the purpose of this CCPA Notice, third parties who receive personal information in accordance with this section shall be referred to as “ Special Circumstance Recipients.”
e. Corporate Transactions. We may transfer your personal information in the event we sell or transfer, or are considering selling or transferring, all or a portion of our business or assets (collectively, “ Corporate Transactions”). For the purpose of this CCPA Notice, third parties who receive personal information in accordance with this section shall be referred to as “ Corporate Transaction Recipients.”
5. Summary of Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Personal Information . Click here to see the table that summarizes our collection and sharing practices relating to personal information, including with respect to personal information we have collected, used and disclosed in the preceding 12 months. As shown noted, we may have disclosed your personal information to third parties for a business or commercial purpose in the preceding 12 months. We do not sell consumers’ personal information.
6. Your CCPA Rights. Subject to certain exceptions, the CCPA affords California consumers the following rights:
a. Request to Know. You have a right to request that LL Global disclose what personal information it collects, uses, discloses, and sells. It includes a request for any or all of the following:
i. Specific pieces of personal information that LL Global has about you;
ii. Categories of personal information LL Global has collected about you;
iii. Categories of sources from which your personal information is collected;
iv. Categories of personal information that LL Global has sold or disclosed for a business purpose about you;
v. Categories of third parties to whom your personal information was sold or disclosed for a business purpose; and
vi. The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information.
b. Request to Delete. You have a right to request that LL Global delete your personal information that we have collected from you.
c. Request to Opt-Out. You have a right to request that LL Global not sell your personal information to third parties. However, as mentioned above, LL Global does not sell personal information.
d. No Discrimination. You have a right not to receive discriminatory treatment by LL Global for the exercise of the privacy rights conferred by the CCPA.
7. How to Exercise Your CCPA Rights
Submitting a Request to Know or Request to Delete. You may submit a Request to Know or a Request to Delete by calling us (1-860-285-7789 or toll-free at 1-800-ASK-LOMA) or by emailing us at InformationPrivacyRequests@llglobal.org .
a. Verification Methods. Once a request is submitted, LL Global will verify that the consumer making the request is the consumer to which the request pertains by requesting the consumer provide at least a name and email address. We will match the name and email address to the information maintained in our systems. If they match, we will send a verification email to the matched email address. The consumer submitting the request will be required to respond to the verification email to validate the request. If the verification email is not validated, we will make two attempts to contact the consumer using the phone number we have on file.
You may designate an authorized agent to submit a request on your behalf by email at InformationPrivacyRequests@llglobal.org . We may require that you provide the authorized agent with written permission to act on your behalf and that the authorized agent verify their identity directly with us.
8. Notice of Financial Incentives. We do not offer any financial incentives for the collection, disclosure, deletion or sale of personal information.
9. Contact for More Information. If you have any questions or concerns about our privacy policies and practices, please contacts us at InformationPrivacyRequests@llglobal.org
VIII. Your European Union (“EU”) rights and choices
A. Right to Access Your Information
You have the right to access your information, including information as to whether your personal data is being processed or not, and if it is being processed, we will provide you with additional information regarding the processing. To access your information, please contact us at email@example.com .
B. Right to Rectification, Erasure, and Data Portability
You have the right to modify inaccurate or incomplete data concerning you, to delete personal data concerning you, and to obtain your personal data that you provided to us. For more information or to modify or delete your information, or request your personal data in a structured, machine-readable format, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
C. Withdrawing Consent
You have the right to withdraw consent at any time for the processing of your personal data, for which the lawful basis was consent; however, this does not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before your withdrawal. For more information about withdrawing consent or to withdraw consent, please contact us at email@example.com .
D. Restrict or Object to Processing
You have the right, under certain circumstances, to restrict, suspend, or object to the processing of your personal data. Such circumstances include objecting to your personal data being processed for direct marketing purposes. For more information about restricting, suspending, or objecting to the processing of your personal data or to restrict or object to processing, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
E. Opt Out of Marketing and Other Communications
You may also unsubscribe from mailing lists or any registrations on the Site. To do so, please either follow instructions on the page of the Site on which you have provided such information or subscribed or registered, or send an email to email@example.com .
F. Disabling Cookies
You may choose to set your browser to remove cookies, even after you have provided consent. To do so, please follow the instructions provided by your browser which are usually located within the “Help” or “Preferences” menu. Some third parties also provide the ability to refuse their cookies directly by rejecting the request for consent, or by providing an opt-out link.
Removing or rejecting browser cookies does not necessarily affect third-party flash cookies which may be used by us or partners in connection with the Site. To delete or disable flash cookies, please visit this site for more information. For further information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your device and how to manage and delete them, you can visit www.allaboutcookies.org .
G. Lodging a Complaint with a Supervisory Authority
You have the right to submit a complaint to a supervisory authority if you believe your personal data has been processed in a manner that is not consistent with the General Data Protection Regulation.
H. Your EU Representative
We have designated a representative, Brittany Tripp, who can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
IX. Transborder hosting, processing, transfer of information, and Consent
Personal data collected on the Site may be transferred from time to time to our offices or to associated businesses located in other parts of the world, including locations outside North America. Furthermore, the Site may be viewed and hosted anywhere in the world, including countries that may not have laws regulating the use and transfer of personally-identifiable data. By using the Site and submitting your information, regardless of your location, including if you are located in Canada or one of the member states of the EU, you unambiguously consent to the collection, use, and storage of your information in the United States and to the transborder collection, transfer, use, processing, and hosting of such information anywhere in the world.
X. Children’s privacy
We do not direct any of our content to children under the age of 16 and no part of this Site is structured to attract anyone under 16. We do not knowingly collect or use personal data from children under 16. If we learn that a user is under 16 years of age, we will promptly delete any personal data we have collected about that user. If you are under the age of 16, please do not send us any information about yourself.
XII. Contact us
Last Modified: November 11, 2022