According to LIMRA’s 2015 U.S. Career Agent Recruiting study, the 29 surveyed companies contracted more than 29,200 new agents in 2015, an increase of two percent compared with 2014. Just over half of the companies reported a recruiting increase from the prior year.
Top takeaways from the study:
- Seventy-one percent of agents contracted in 2015 were inexperienced, (no prior insurance sales experience), three-percentage points lower than in 2014.
- Women account for 33 percent of new hires in 2015 (34 percent in 2014)
- The top recruiting companies continue to drive most of the hiring (chart)
- The top 10 companies represent 78 percent of the total recruits in 2015.
- The top 5 companies represent 64 percent of the total recruits in 2015.
Recruiting trends by all measures have remained steady for the past 10 years. Will new regulations drive change?