WINDSOR, Conn., Nov. 3, 2010 — Today, LIMRA and LOMA announced the election of seven life insurance and financial services senior executives as new members to the LL Global board of directors.
“We are pleased to welcome these industry leaders to our board of directors,” said Robert Kerzner, CLU, ChFC, president and CEO of LIMRA, LOMA and LL Global. “Each brings extensive experience and insight to the role, guiding us as we continue to provide the research and education that is so vital to our members, allowing them to make informed decisions for their businesses.”
The new board members were elected during LL Global’s annual meeting, which was held in conjunction with LIMRA’s Annual Conference on Oct. 25, in Washington DC. Each will serve a three-year term beginning in 2011. As part of the board of directors, they will help set policy and guide the actions of the LIMRA and LOMA, which represent the life insurance and financial services industry in more than 73 countries worldwide.
The new members are:
- Thomas P. Burns, chief distribution officer, Allianz Life
- Michael R. Fanning, executive vice president, MassMutual
- Les C. Herr, president and chief executive officer, Empire Life Insurance Company
- Joseph R. Monk, senior vice president, and CAO, State Farm Life and vice president, health, for State Farm Insurance Companies
- Daniel P. Mulheran, president, U.S. Retail Life Distribution, ING U.S. Insurance
- Saloon Tham, regional chief executive officer, ACE Life Assurance Company
- James A. Thomsen, executive vice president, member services, Thrivent Financial for Lutherans
On Jan. 1, 2008, LIMRA and LOMA came together under the umbrella of LL Global, Inc. LL Global governs LIMRA and LOMA, which are not-for-profit, member-owned trade associations.
LIMRA is a worldwide research, consulting and professional development organization that helps more than 850 insurance and financial services companies in 73 countries increase their marketing and distribution effectiveness. Visit LIMRA at www.limra.com.