Windsor, CT, December 19, 2005 — Susan Morisato, chief operating officer of United Health Group's Ovations subsidiary, which provides health and well-being services to Americans age 50 and older, will serve as chair of the LIMRA International Board of Directors for 2006. Morisato, who was elected vice chair at the 2004 LIMRA annual meeting, is the first woman to serve in this capacity.
Gary T. "Doc" Huffman has been elected vice chair for 2006, to succeed Morisato as chair in 2007. Huffman is executive vice president of the Individual Strategic Business Unit at Union Central Life Insurance Co. in Cincinnatti.
The board also elected seven new members to three-year terms, representing companies in Asia, Latin America. and the U.S.:
- Farrell J. Dolan, Fidelity Retirement Services (Boston)
- Patrick M. Foley, Allianz Life of North America (Minneapolis)
- Edward Lau, Manulife (International) Limted (Hong Kong)
- Dayton H. Molendorp, OneAmerica Financial Partners (Indianapolis)
- Ignacio Montes Undurraga, Ohio National Seguros de Vida (Santiago, Chile)
- Bruce Parker, Jr., Old Mutual Financial Network (Atlanta)
- Chao Yang, China Life Insurance Co. Ltd. (Beijing, China)
Howard S. Drescher, (860) 285-7875, firstname.lastname@example.org
Catherine Theroux, (860) 285-7787, email@example.com
About LIMRA International
LIMRA International is a worldwide research, consulting and professional development organization that helps more than 850 insurance and financial services companies in 73 countries increase their marketing and distribution effectiveness. Visit LIMRA International at www.limra.com