WINDSOR, Conn., Nov. 6, 2008 – James W. Weakley, executive vice president, strategic growth initiatives for the American General (AG) Domestic Life Companies, will serve as chair of the Global Board of Directors for 2009. Dayton Molendorp, chairman, president and CEO of OneAmerica Financial partners Inc. was elected vice-chair and will succeed Weakley in 2010.
Weakley served as president and chief executive officer of the AIG Benefit Solutions/Workplace Solutions Profit Center until 2004. He has been with American General since 2000 and has more than 20 years experience in the industry.
The board also elected five new members to three-year terms:
- Jill T. McGruder, CLU, FLMI, ChFC, president & CEO W&S Financial Group Distributors, Inc. Western & Southern Financial Group
- Eric S. Rubin, FSA, senior vice president, Strategic Planning, New York Life Insurance Company
- Peter R. Schaefer, FSA, MAAA, president and CEO, Hannover Life Re
- Barry Stowe, chief executive, Prudential Assurance Company Limited
- Randy F. Wallake, CLU, ChFC, president and vice chairman, Securian Financial Group and chairman, Securian Trust Company
On Jan. 1, 2008, LIMRA and LOMA came together under the umbrella of LL Global, Inc., which provides a unified management structure. LIMRA and LOMA, and LL Global are not-for-profit member-owned trade associations.
About LL Global
LL Global is the non-profit parent company for LIMRA and LOMA. LL Global provides a unified management and board structure for both trade associations. LIMRA and LOMA have a combined membership of more than 1,200 insurance and financial services companies worldwide.