WINDSOR, Conn., Oct. 18, 2022 — At the 2022 LIMRA Annual conference, LL Global, the parent company of LIMRA and LOMA, announced Adrian Griggs, executive vice president and chief operating officer, Pacific Life Insurance Company, will be the 2023 chair of the LL Global board of directors. He succeeds Neil Sprackling, president of U.S. life and health, Swiss Re America Holding Corporation, who will serve as LL Global Immediate Past Chair for the coming year.
Mary Jane Fortin, president and chief commercial officer of Thrivent, was elected vice chair and will succeed Griggs as chair in 2024.
“Despite the significant economic and operational headwinds over the past two years, our industry has shown remarkable resiliency, due in no small part to the market intelligence and unique opportunities for peer-to-peer exchange provided by LIMRA and LOMA,” said Griggs. “I am honored to work with LIMRA and LOMA’s leadership team to continue
the efforts to support the industry during this pivotal time and advance its Compass 2025 five-year strategy.”
The LL Global board provides oversight and guidance to LIMRA and LOMA to ensure the strategic direction continues to meet the changing needs of member companies.
Seven new directors also will join the board:
- Aaron Ball, senior vice president and head of Insurance Solutions, Service and Marketing, New York Life Insurance Company
- Chris Blunt, president and chief executive officer, F&G
- Alka Gautam, executive vice president, Global Operations of Reinsurance Group of America, and president and chief executive officer of RGA Life Reinsurance Company of Canada*
- Mike James, executive vice president, head of Life and Wealth, NFP
- Renée Laflamme, executive vice president, Individual Insurance, Savings and Retirement, iA Financial Group
- Joe Monk, senior vice president, financial services, State Farm*
- Todd Solash, president, Individual Retirement and Life Insurance, Corebridge Financial*
*Served on the LL Global board in 2022, filling a one-year vacancy.
“I appreciate the commitment from these accomplished and well-respected executives to help us achieve our strategic goals and shape the future of our organization,” said David Levenson, president and CEO of LIMRA and LOMA. “At a time when our members are facing so much uncertainty, it is critical that our organization continues to provide the research and insights to help them navigate. I look forward to working with Adrian and the rest of the board.”
About LL Global
LL Global is the non-profit parent company for the LIMRA and LOMA brands. LIMRA and LOMA have a combined membership of more than 700 insurance and financial services companies in 63 countries worldwide.
Serving the industry since 1916, LIMRA offers industry knowledge, insights, connections, and solutions to help more than 700 member organizations navigate change with confidence. Visit LIMRA at www.limra.com.
Established in 1924, LOMA helps to advance the financial services industry by empowering more than 700 financial services companies navigate change with confidence. Visit LOMA at www.loma.org .