Four in 10 investors may buy an annuity in the future. Read this report to identify and win these warm prospects.
Industry IssuesAnnuities almost stand alone among all investment products for their ability to incite equally intense reactions of love or hate, like or dislike. By segmenting clients, can advisors identify, focus on, and win prospects who are open to buying annuities?
- Deferred annuity non-buyers fall into three distinct categories or mindsets:
- WARM: May buy annuity someday,
- TEPID: Annuity is good, but not for me, and
- COLD: Would not buy an annuity.
- Retirement goals and preferences for income in retirement distinguish WARM-to-annuity non-buyers from COLD ones. Knowing these differences can help advisors determine focus time and resources on WARM-to-annuity prospects.
- Advisors who help clients look at retirement risk from an income perspective may build more trust and make more annuity sales.