Windsor, CT, November 28, 2006 — Gary T. Huffman, president and chief operating officer of Union Central Life Insurance Company, will serve as chair of the LIMRA International Board of Directors for 2007. James W. Weakley, president and CEO of AIG Benefit Solutions, was elected vice-chair and will succeed Huffman in 2008.
Huffman joined Union Central in 1999. Prior to being elected president and chief operating officer, he served as Union Central's executive vice president of insurance and annuities and senior vice president of individual insurance. Huffman began his insurance career with MassMutual Insurance Company.
The board also elected six new members to three-year terms, representing companies in Latin America and the United States:
- Michael C. Davidson, CLU, State Farm Life Insurance Company
- Lawrence L. Grypp, Columbus Life Insurance Company and Lafayette Life Insurance Company
- Beth M. Hirschhorn, MetLife
- Helder Molina, Mongeral S.A. Seguros e Previdencia (Brazil)
- Nick L. Pszeniczny, CLU, ChFC, London Life Insurance Company
- Harry N. Stout, ING US Financial Services
This marks the first time that LIMRA's Board of Directors has two Latin American CEO's as members: Ignacio Montes Undurraga from Ohio National in Chile and newly elected Helder Molina from Mongeral Vida & Previdencia in Brazil.
About LIMRA International
LIMRA International is a worldwide research, consulting and professional development organization that helps more than 850 insurance and financial services companies in 73 countries increase their marketing and distribution effectiveness. Visit LIMRA International at www.limra.com