In Latin America, demographic and societal changes are stressing the retirement safety net to capacity and beyond. Learn how insurers can help solve the retirement gap.
Demographic and societal changes are stressing the retirement safety net in Latin America to capacity and beyond. The population is aging at a speed never seen before; the proportion of retirees in relation to workers is increasing; and traditional family practices are fading.
LIMRA and the Society of Actuaries surveyed more than 6,000 retirees and preretirees and analyzed public data to identify what steps insurers and other financial services companies can take to help Latin American consumers plan for and achieve a positive retirement outcome. The series of studies includes the selected markets of Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Mexico, and Peru.
Read the studies to learn:
- The demographic challenges facing pension systems in six of Latin America’s most important markets
- To what extent consumers in each market are willing to accept the personal responsibility for funding a secure retirement
- What features consumers prefer in retirement products and services
- Where consumers look for financial information and where they prefer to purchase retirement investment products
- How your company can help close the retirement gap for millions of Latin American consumers