Our annual look at consumer perceptions, attitudes, and behaviors around life insurance.
- Examining the differences between those with and without life insurance
- Tracking consumer attitudes toward life insurance
- Assessing perceived life insurance need
- The most common financial concern is the ability to afford a comfortable retirement.
- Though healthcare concerns are consistently the top group, this is changing.
- Consumer demand for life insurance is greater than actual ownership.
- Life insurance owners are more interested in other financial products.
- Brand image matters.
- Online purchase attempts are increasing.
- Simplified underwriting is appealing to consumers.
- Millennials overestimate the cost of life insurance.
- Peer-to-peer insurance is a nascent segment of the insurance industry.