Learn the financial attitudes and behaviors of adult consumers in the United States, including simplified underwriting and the importance of social media.
LIMRA and Life Happens team annually to take the pulse of U.S. consumer perceptions, attitudes, and behaviors. We examine their financial concerns as well as how they think and act toward financial products, especially life insurance. We also explore hot topics currently impacting consumers. The chief objective of this study is to produce up-to-date metrics on key, high-level market metrics.
This year’s report features:
- Simplified underwriting’s popularity and consumers’ perceptions of its key benefits
- Social media’s important role in researching potential advisors — especially for Millennials and Gen Xers
- The appeal of combination products
- Consumers’ product feature preferences, including health monitoring and rewards
Review our fresh insights on:
- Product ownership gaps and the enormous market opportunities they represent
- Consumers’ continued overestimation of the price of insurance
- Consumers’ financial concerns, which are making this a good time to market and sell insurance