Advisors are the gateway to DC plan sales, and their role in establishing the new Pooled Employer Plan as a viable plan construct should not be underestimated. This report explores their initial actions and reactions.
Given the role financial advisors play in the search and sales process for DC plans — especially among the smaller employers who are the originally intended marketplace for PEPs — obtaining space on an advisor’s list will be key for PEPs and their pooled plan providers (PPPs) to gain scale and traction. This report examines advisor reactions and experiences in this new marketplace.
- How familiar are they with PEPs?
- What has the impact been, to date, on their practices?
- How are they educating themselves and their clients?
- Are they including PEPs in bid activity?
- Where do they turn for more information and resources about PEPs?